Sunday, September 10, 2017

Nadaness In Motion's writing progress & updates for August

As each month passes, I continue to learn new thing about my writing abilities. August was the second month for me making a commitment to myself.

In July, I joined Camp NaNoWriMo, and while I didn't meet my writing target, I did something I wasn't able to do before: I started the story that's been in my head for over a year. I began the first draft.

In July, I realised that I couldn't write every day. Despite this revelation, I made a mistake in the second month, in August. I told myself I couldn't write much during the weekdays then suddenly I realised it was the 20th of the month and I hadn't written a single word in Darya's story! (I had only completed a short story right on the deadline then got lazy and engrossed in life!)

I wanted to slap myself for leaning on my inabilities and hindering my progress.

I reprimanded myself, dragged my laptop and started writing.

In August, I had planned on 10,000 words for Darya's story, I achieved 50.5% or 5,058 words of that target, up from 4,000 words in July. I hit a milestone for myself. I made progress.



By the end of August, I had completed:

·        Two short stories
·        Two poems
·        Four book reviews
·        I also started some other bits and pieces.

Excluding the book reviews, an article, and poetry, My total word count for August was 12,608 words. I loved that number!

I need to make a few commitments and remind myself with a few things:

·       I'm setting another 10,000 words for Darya's story for September
·      I don't have to write 1,000 words a day, but any number of words per day is good for any project
·      I asked my friends for word banks to help me write, I've used two, there are lots more and these are great ways to write
·   These writing attempts will help me later as I join NaNoWriMo in November, where the target is 50,000 words per month, five times my current target.
·        I. WILL. SUCCEED. AND. FINISH. MY. STORY.




Through these "reports" if you can call them, I aim to remind myself of my achievements, keep an eye on my progress, take note of my mistakes, and hope that may be someone else will benefit from my experiences and write as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment